Design the email that will be sent out to user profiles who are subscribed to email communications
Setting up email for the first time?
The email channel can only be enabled once all necessary authentications are in place.
The left side of the page allows users to configure the fields in the email header:
- Email subject
- From address: Select from pre-configured email addresses, set up during email verification.
- From name: The pre-configured value associated to the from address can be overwritten.
- Reply-to address: When your recipients reply to your email, this address will be pre-filled as the to address. By default it will be the same as the from address but can be set to any email address from this menu.
- Reply-to name: Name used with the reply-to address and can also be manually modified.
- Show unsubscribe header: Toggle the slider to enable this option. When present, major email clients (such as Gmail) will show a quick unsubscribe link to your recipients if you are fully authenticated and have built reputation with Gmail. Best practice for bulk marketing messages is to include an automatic unsubscribe header; it boosts sender reputation by using correct email marketing tools.
Variable content in email addresses
Fields in the email heading section support the use of dynamic content, which, for instance, can be used to set a different from address, from name, reply-to address and reply-to name depending on a variable that you set against your users. See our guides on snippets and dynamic content for more information.
The Actions button allows to Apply a template that has been previously created from Content > Templates to a campaign and to copy the content from a specific language & variant. To copy the content, click on Copy From when you are on the variant and language where you want to apply the content. The system will show the available options to copy from.
Build your email
If you are creating the email from scratch, then you would do so by using our email builder by clicking on the Create with builder button.
It is also possible to upload your own HTML email directly by clicking on Upload HTML.
Using your own code may affect how the message is rendered in email clients, preventing it from adjusting to the screen size (i.e., the responsiveness of the message). Make sure to use HTML that is email compliant and responsive.
Choose target group
This option used to be available on this page, it has now moved to the Segment tab.
Updated 3 months ago