Upgrading to v4
If you’re migrating from v3 of our iOS SDK follow the steps outlined here.
This is the recommended approach to add the Xtremepush SDK. To do so:
- Open the Xcode project. From the menubar, click on File > Add packages.
- In the dialog, insert the URL of our SDK:
https://github.com/xtremepush/Xtremepush-iOS-SDK. Click on Add package.
Alternatively, you can use CocoaPods to add the Xtremepush iOS SDK. If you do not have CocoaPods installed, please check out this guide.
- Navigate to the
- Add the entry highlighted below to your Podfile file (where MyApp should match your application name):
target 'MyApp' do pod 'Xtremepush-iOS-SDK' end
- Then install the iOS SDK by running:
The following error in the terminal is usually due to an outdated local CocoaPods specification:
Unable to find specification for pod 'Xtremepush-iOS-SDK'
To fix it, execute the following shell commands:
pod repo update pod install
If you want to import the SDK without using Swift Package Manager or CocoaPods you can import the framework manually. Details below:
- Download the latest SDK version.
- Extract the framework from the zip file.
- Open Xcode and drag
XPush.frameworkinto your project.
- Make sure
XPush.frameworkappears on the frameworks section of your target
Updated over 1 year ago