A website is configured within a project, which will provide the key to use when implementing the SDK, and allow website-based messaging channels to be configured.
Go to Settings > Apps & Sites and click Connect > Website > Next. Fill in the following fields:
- Title: Name for this connected website that is only shown within the Xtremepush dashboard. Enter a name which can be clearly understood when viewing analytics and device sources.
- Website Title: Public-facing name of your website. Used for the dialog for when users subscribe to push notifications.
- Website URL: The URL of your website.
- Website icons: Include a small and large icon for your website.
Don't forget to include icons in the correct size. Icons are required for the proper functioning of web-related campaigns.
- Allowed HTTP Origins: The SDK will only be allowed to interact with the domains that are listed in this field. Include the protocol, for example,
https://example.com, and add different domains on separate lines.
- Share Client Cookies Across Domains: Enable this option if the SDK will be deployed across multiple sub-domains of the same root domain where you want a single user to be identified consistently as a single device.
- Cookie Domain: Only required if using the option to share client cookies across multiple sub-domains of the same root domain. Enter the relevant root domain. This will set cookies against the selected domain so that a single device identifier is used for SDK deployments on sub-domains with access to the cookie.
- Tracking "G-" ID: Only required to track Google Analytics IDs. Review our dedicated guide for more details.
Do not share app keys
You must add separate websites for each individual website you plan to integrate with this project.
Do not share keys between different sites. Push notification certificates are different for each site, and this also helps with analytics and campaign segmentation.
Once you have added all your website details, click Create. The system will show the app key for this new website and the SDK integration code that you will need to integrate into your site by following our guide on importing the web SDK. This will allow you to start sending device data to Xtremepush and make use of the messaging channels.
If you need to make any changes to the website configuration, click on the Settings button.
Once the integration has been completed, this page shows the related channels and whether they are enabled or not.
To retrieve your key after the integration has been completed, click on copy SDK key. Click on copy SDK code if you need to obtain the full SDK code for this website.
Updated 3 months ago