It is possible to create a segment of users by uploading a CSV File of user ids exported from a CRM or similar system.
Importing CSV files
It is only possible to segment in relation to the users that already exist in the platform. Review our user guide on how to import user profiles
Before uploading these users, the identifier must be added as the column header in the CSV file and saved. This will allow the platform to identify the type of id being used.
ID types are:
- user_id - Typically used if CRM IDs are sent to Xtremepush
- email - The user's email address
- mobile_number - The user's mobile phone number
- whatsapp_number - The user's Whatsapp mobile number
- profile_id - The Xtremepush id
- device_id - The id provided by the OS to identify the device (e.g. the Android ID)
- device_idfv - iOS device identity for your app
- device_idfa - iOS device identity for advertisers
- device_anid - Android device identity
- device_adid - Android device identity for advertisers
- token - The token used to address push notifications
When the CSV file is ready, navigate to Data > Audiences and open the Segments tab. Click the Create Segment button.
Choose the Segments category group from the dropdown list and then the CSV File option from that group list as shown below.
Include or exclude users in this CSV file by selecting the relevant option from the second dropdown list. You can combine this segment with other conditions before saving it, if desired.
After setting conditions, click Save.
You can also use this process for creating a segment from the Segment tab of any campaign.
Updated 5 months ago