To send push notifications on Android you need to have a Firebase Cloud Messaging Server key and Sender ID. Follow these steps to generate these and enable push notifications in both the Xtremepush platform and your Android app.
- Go to the Google Firebase console at (https://console.firebase.google.com/)
- Create a new project if you currently have none.
- Click the Settings icon and select Project Settings.
- If not already added, add your Android app to the project, and download the
google-services.jsonconfig file associated with that app.
- Go to Settings > Cloud Messaging where you will find the Server key and Sender ID.
- In Xtremepush, go to Settings > Channel Settings > Push Settings and select the matching Android app.
- Copy the Sender ID and Server key into the appropriate fields and press Save.
Any subscribed users are opted-in against your Sender ID on Firebase. If you change the Sender ID of an existing integration you will lose your current subscribers.
- Add these libraries to your project-level
classpath 'com.android.tools.build:gradle:3.3.0' classpath 'com.google.gms:google-services:4.3.3'
- Add the following to your module-level
apply plugin: 'com.google.gms.google-services'
- Finally, add the
google-services.jsonyou downloaded to your project/app folder:
Updated 6 months ago
|Android push delivery receipts|